Pages

Sunday 19 January 2014

High protein satisfying breakfast.

Protien pancakes seem to be fairly common on the healthy living blog circuit these days and I have to say I am partial to one on the weekends. I first started out making them with protien powder, but I've run out and prob won't purchase any more in the near future. So I had to improvise, this recipie was my inspiration for sure! 

Ingredients: 
1 egg
1-2 dessert spoons of musli- I wanted plain oats but didn't have any! 
1 dessert spoon of milled linseeds with goji berries.
Milk- enough make a batter consistency 
Vanilla extract. 

Dump all of the ingredients in a blander untill smooth. Pour onto a hot pan and allow to cook slowly. I put too much milk in so had to finish mine off under the grill, untill golden and cooked through. 

While the pancake is cooking I put some frozen mixed  berries in the microwave and added some stevia for taste. When bubbling a syrupy I poured over the cooked pancake. 

Result: 


Now, this for me was a success, no added sugar, low carb, high protein and very satisfying. That said, I'm not going to lie the pancake still tasted slightly eggy- not overly so, but still more than a regular pancake. 

I reckon if I could adjust this slightly it could be a winner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment